ARK: Survival Evolved

watch out for those pvpve servers, you know what online people are like :wink:

And? Thoughts?

You’ll have to phone @Rizzy, @WondaWoman

I have already made communication with @Rizzy - we operate on a higher level, it comes from years of LOTRO.

2 Likes

So I bought this as it was on special. I joined the [ZA[ Jurassic World server as I knew there were active peeps on there from bf2 days (grrr, BBH clan etc).

Initially I did my own thing until level 12. I built a nice thatch hut on the water, complete with a stoep. Got me a few dodos to lay eggs. Died a lot when I went wandering off to forage. It was tough, but I enjoyed the challenge of surviving on my own.

About level 15 the grrr guys came along (about 4 of them play actively) and I tribed up with them. My seaside resort now has a few more rooms and squatters. Their main base got surrounded by the new snow biome and they lost everything. So until we’re all a bit tougher and have hairier bodies for insulation, we’re sticking with sunny skies and seaside living.

I’ve tamed a triceratops on my own. It was stuck between a rock and a hard place, so couldn’t chase me while I sling-shot it into a coma. I still do much my own thing as most of the peeps have played this to high levels before and are on a mission. I prefer prancing among the berry bushes, picking berries and grounding them down to make gooey substances.

Over all it’s been enjoyable. The drive to want to improve your surroundings, where you live, how you eat etc is quite addictive. The graphics annoy me a bit as I don’t have them set high in order for better game performance, so they look a bit poo. Also the server lag is annoying, but this happens on rare occasions.

I would suggest that anyone starting up do their own thing until mid teen levels. The game is much more interesting if you try and survive with your own wits and cunning, than if you jump straight into a high level tribe where all the ground level work is done.

I saw Chaosdapumpkin come trotting along the other day on a T-rex. Gave me the fright of my life. Fortunately the server rules protect the young newbies: weekdays - no raiding/killing; weekends: raiding and fighting is a go, unless your tamed animals are set to passive.

TL;DR: I’m not sad I bought it, I think I’ll get my money’s worth.

5 Likes

^ I like this servers rules.

http://www.ossewasemoer.co.za/Rules/

Raiding Hours:

Friday Nights 00:00 to Sunday Nights 00:00 , Lets try and keep the peace during the week.

Currently 40% off on Steam sale

1 Like