Civilization 5 Evening

So, Org, what’s the ETA on your new PC?

He has it. He still needs to waste his bandwidth re-downloading everything. And he has yet to register here.

Blimey! You forget that once ur PC is stolen, you lose literally TERABYTES of data that has to be redownloaded

I eventually bit the bullet and changed to uncap. I’m close on 80 GB and that is just installing games, patches and misc updates.

1 Like

I have Civ 5. I haven’t played it yet.

We must play CIV 5 - it will be epic (and possibly horribly unstable) with more of us playing. Make it so

Well then let’s set a date and time and do this thing.

I’m completely open to suggestions. Should we wait for the DC family to move first?

Sounds good - I’ll be keen to join in too :slight_smile:

it will be MARVELlous :smiley:

1 Like

Much will depend on how Telkom does tomorrow. I would be keen for next week Tuesday (I think that was the preferred day).

And I’m assuming not everyone has the Gods and Kings expansion, so Vanilla?

Now I know why you’re moving! It’s easier to move than to wait for telkom to fix your line!

lol - ironically our line here is now fine, but at the new address is a big jump back to a 1MB line max :frowning:

why on earth did we choose to move there??? ADSL line speed trumps nice neighbourhood!! Dammit!

2 Likes

Hey guys where are the server details and what time? I’m keen to try it out.

It’s called “Badly Brokenfield 4 - a crappy BF3 expansion”

There is no server, one of us just hosts the game. Usually Bass cos he’s stable like that.

I think 8 would be cool for Tuesday. I think that WondaSoup would have to take turns. I know what its like trying to game on a 1mb :laughing: I used to be on Ibust

FYI, you can now get this for ($8 atm) via humble bundle:

Greetings fellow megalomaniacs! Time to get this ball rolling. Only problem for WW and I is that Tuesday evening is not really an option anymore - so how about Monday 7:30pm? Feel free to give input re your preferred day/time. I thought slightly earlier as it usually takes about half hour to get everything loaded etc.

Let’s aim for starting up next week, so we have a few days until then to confirm our preferred day, run updates etc so we’re good to go.

I haven’t played this in a while and looking forward to having just one more turn :wink:

Crud!

We’re going away on Sunday!

Keep me a spot open in the AI for next Monday so I can join in :smile:

lol @Souper :smiley:

Monday sounds great (I just won’t be able to join next Monday, as I’ll be up in Pta)