New stuff as at 19 March 2015

Since the beginning, just about, Discourse has supported emoji, either via a brief autocomplete when you type a colon character, or more recently, by clicking the smiley icon on the editor toolbar. Some time ago, I noticed that there were settings to change the emoji sets.

The choices are:

• Apple/International
  • Google
  • Twitter
  • Emoji One

I’ve always had the site set on Google, but I’ve just switched over to Emoji One for a change. I’ll probably change it again some time in the near future, or if there’s a preference for a particular set, I’ll change it to that. Speak up.

As a reminder, there is a spoiler tag. Just use the [spoiler][/spoiler] bbcode. Made you look.

You can also use colo[u]r bbcodes now. Use [color=red][/color].

Various vbulletin bbcodes are now supported:

small
highlight
left
center
right

edit
ot
indent
size
font

aname=
jumpto=
rule

noparse
google

The ones with = signs require parameters. [aname=blah]blah[/aname] Click [jumpto=blah]here[/jumpto] to jump to blah. (I assume that’s how it works)

If you’re wondering how I’m displaying bbcode without it being parsed, it’s because i’m surrounding the inline text with @iNgeon’s favourite alternate apostrophe character, the backtick. `

Youtube videos should now “lazy load”, which should boost page loading times where videos are embedded. Essentially an image is used instead of the video, and the video will only actually load when you click on it.

There’s also now an alert feature… still figuring out what the heck it’s about. It’s supposed to mark a topic as important, or something.

Oh, and if you initially authenticated with a twitter account, there will be a link to your twitter account on your profile page.

3 Likes

:joy: I had it coming

hey TG, go parse someone else’s backtick