Suggest a gaming headset

So… are you happy with the new headset @Souper after a bit of use?
I quite fancy the wireless VOID version :slight_smile:

For what it’s worth, I got a Logitech G933. It’s very nice. The only problem with it is an annoying glitch that causes Discord to freak out if I mute the mic. This seems to be a Discord specific issue though.

1 Like

@Badapple I am happy with the headset overall. It ticks all the boxes in so far as what I was looking for at the price I was prepared to pay. My only real gripe is the mic. Of course this doesn’t impact my experience, only those that hear me :slight_smile:

No fix from Corsair, but with a bit of a workaround managed to get it kinda decent (as far as I’m told).

I have no doubt there are better sets out there and have heard good things about the VOID line. Sometimes comes down to how much you’re prepared to spend, bearing in mind it IS just a headset :wink: and won’t last forever…

1 Like

I agree, price is key.
Glad to hear you and @teejo are happy with those headsets, it helps having a reference when choosing.
(bar the mic issues :smiley: )

I think I’ll look at the logitech ones too, i’m leaning towards wireless this time I think.
The place I buy from has free shipping on logitech this month :woot:

WOW, just checked the price on those G933’s… brings tears to my eyes!
Are they that good?

I recently got myself a pair of these…
http://luksbrands.co.za/index.php?route=product/category&path=59_67_235
The yellow one. It was on a takealot unboxed, so was half price.
I’m very happy, the sound quality is amazing. Only drawback is the cable that works with the mix amp is 5 meters long.
The mix amp is pretty cool, I’ve setup Discord to play through the sound card and the game through the Headphones. I then patch the output of the sound card through the Mix amp. Now I can adjust the volume of the muster screaming on discord vs the Game sound effects. Not sure its work what it sells for but definitely worth what I payed.

1 Like

Sweet as Sheep! you have been keeping me in the dark mate!
I don’t see any negatives with a 5m cable :stuck_out_tongue: