The Crew

Probably ucrap again :s

I was watching some footage from the beta, it looks very good.

2 Likes

That looks very interesting.

I agree , can be fun , like the way you can custom your cars

With MP, it might be unplayable for us due to pings, kinda like Watch dogs imo.

Well , strangly enough in watchdogs me and Xavier played it together without real lag ?
he is in the UK so it should be good fun to try

Wow that first video is stunning

Now on Steam. Preorder is bad mkay?

yeah I didnt even try the demo/beta :frowning:

Who knows how itā€™s going to run with our inet connections?

Itā€™s NFS underground 2 ā€¦ kind of :smiley:
Played the beta a bit.

I like it!

Ok, I must admit - I like it. Itā€™s a bit dodgy with the MP stuff - added Flea to my crew - attempted to join on him a few times, but he was always long gone by the time the game got around to putting me in his location. There was only once or twice where I actually saw him for a bit.

I noticed there is a ā€˜muteā€™ function on the player, but thereā€™s no in-game voice that I saw, and no apparent way to chat yet, although I could just have missed that.

It IS a closed beta for the moment, so the game is definitely incomplete.

This releases on 2 December.

1 Like

So itā€™s released, and it too seems to have some launch issues, although not severe enough to prevent play. Itā€™s just lonely.

I heard the lag is horrible for us, thatā€™s why i havent purchased it.

So got the complete edition on special. Itā€™s quite fun. Havenā€™t done anything yet that has required interaction with anybody. I see players around, but thatā€™s about it.

Some annoyances:

When you first start the game, you will not be ā€œonlineā€ per se until youā€™ve finished the prologue. Any ā€œplayersā€ you see are just AI. Sort of named NPCs. Until youā€™ve finished the prologue, you will not be able to accept the bonus rewards the complete edition has granted you, so every frikkinā€™ time thereā€™s an interstitial of some kind, you will have to click continue past the reward screen. Sometimes it happens a lot.

It forgets your preferred camera view, so every time you start the game, you have to change to your preferred view.

Also, if you start the game and set a waypoint in the map, a bit after youā€™ve started driving towards your point, a popup notification happens of ā€œother events in the worldā€ and it resets your waypoint to that particular event. I must say, THAT one pisses me off the most.

Also another annoyance is that with any screen interaction, it keeps showing the in-game mouse cursor, even if youā€™re using a controller. Very annoying, but Iā€™ve taken to shoving it off the edge of the screen.

Had tonnes of fun with just TG and myself last night! Been awhile since Iā€™ve had that much fun with my clothes on.

1 Like

Fwiw, please add us onto your uplay friends list. You can import your friends list from Steam.

So far itā€™s Me, @teejo and @EyeBall who are playing.