The Elder Scrolls Online (ESO)

Daggerfall Covenant

The first of the Elder Scrolls Online Factions, the Daggerfall Covenant. This alliance, which is another term you might see used when someone is referencing a faction, is led by King Emeric, and it consists of Orcs, Bretons, and Reguards for it’s playable races. This faction controls Hammerfell, Orsinium, and High Rock.

Ebonheart Pact

The Ebonheart Pact faction is led by Jorunn the Skald-King. The playable races for this faction are Dunmer, Nords, and Argonians. This faction controls Black Marsh, Morrowind, and Skyrim.

Aldmeri Dominon

Lastly, we have the third of the Elder Scrolls Online Factions. The Aldemri Dominion is led by Queen Ayrenn. It consists of Bosmer, Altmer, and Khajiit for it’s playable races. This faction controls Elsweyr, Valenwood, and the Summerset Isles.

Servers open at 2pm today! (our time)

Cyrodiil is the PVP area. (3 faction RvR, capture forts, etc)

@InsanityFlea This is where I read it (under the advanced tips)

I’m happy with the Ebonheart faction to start with. Was thinking of rolling a Nord Dragon Knight to start with. If it turns out anything like LOTRO i will probably have too many toons too soon anyway :smile:

1 Like

FWIW, if you didn’t buy the game via the ESO store you only get 3 days early access (1st of April). If you bought via the ESO store you get 5 days early access (active now)

I bought from GMG so I get 3 days access.

1 Like

Org & I are playing at the moment. It really sucks that you can’t join yet Flea.

Must think of guild names… looks like guilds are easy to set up.

I have 3 days early access too.

See you guys on Tuesday I guess :stuck_out_tongue:

It’s okay, I already know the game. I’ll fly through the beginning, did it several times in beta. Also less QQ when I am on :stuck_out_tongue:

Blargh. The biggest issue is the constant disconnects. "An unknown error has occurred.
Sometimes you’re right in the middle of something and you get disconnected. Other times it’s obvious as you can run around in the game world, but NPCs won’t respond and you can’t do anything… then 5 mins later it disconnects. Sigh.

Second issue was that I jumped on to some rocks in the second area after the island, and suddenly my camera view was switched to outside the world. You’re left looking at a static sky. I used /stuck which kills you and gives you durability loss, but spawns you at the nearest shrine. Still the same locked outside world camera view.
Restarting the client and loading in again resulted in my character dropping below the world, falling forever. Using /stuck again (with the durability loss) got me going again.

Otherwise - loving the game.

Oh - and some stupidity on Zenimax’s part - the digital preorder goodies you get - if you wipe your first character without putting that stuff in the bank, it’s gone for good.

Thanks for the heads up, looks like they haven’t fixed those bugs, I had the same issues in the beta

The forums are empty. http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/

I finally got an invite code to the forums… they aren’t empty… just the interface is useless.

1 Like

I’m following this

Some general things
You will probably encounter login queues, lag, maybe the odd crash, this is not unusual at an MMO launch when millions of players are trying to login at the same time.
If you see bugs do report it in game, Zenimax have worked hard to eliminate bugs but some may persist with the server load

Last night at around 10pm the load was insane. Kept getting kicked out and having login issues. Get in the game and nothing responds…

This morning it’s running like a dream - I suppose until the rest of the herd log on.

The launcher now has the warning (updating my laptop)

The “herd” was Org. As soon as he logged on my connection started crapping out. :stuck_out_tongue:

They seriously need to fix their network, the constant disconnects are very annoying.

Seems like Disconnects is these days the biggest problem in all online games

bf4 , ESO

I really hope they fix these problems

I hope so. I can’t even get in to the game right now.

Well technically the early access is kinda like beta 2.0, official launch is this Friday so lets hope those issues are ironed out.

I’m sure , any good company will have issues having 1000’s of people logging in at the same time. what makes them good is the time they take to get it sorted out

I just hate subs :frowning: I don’t play enough to be paying money each month

The game looks quite sweet