Wildstar F2P

Wildstar is going F2P on Tuesday 29th 00:00 EDT (6am our time).

If you already have an NCSoft account (Aion or Lineage), you’re good to go, otherwise you’ll need to create an account. You can download the client so long , but bear in mind that according to the linked article, there will be a sizable patch on the 28th for F2P.

Initial download size for standard client is 19653Mb. The PTR was around 12Gb.

I’ll try, Is there servers or what not you have to choose?

I don’t know yet. Will have to wait and see until I’ve got the client downloaded fully. The PTR had only the one.

Having just read some comments on another forum, yes there are different servers. I will pick a pve. I’m not a pvp fan.

Just check the installer settings, it had me set to NA by default, rather than EU.

There is 1 PVE server and 1 PVP server. Makes life easier.

I’ve made a Dominion Chua Esper.

This launcher doesn’t show how much it needs to download or any kind of time estimate which is pretty stupid.

Edit: if you mouse over the “i” it only shows speed and amount downloaded.

Might need to wait for a week or two until the fuss has died down.

There are new realms at the moment, if you hadn’t noticed. There’s a Jabbit-2 and a whatever the PVP is -2 as well.
The first post in the thread above answers questions about it, such as what happens when the realms merge back in to one again, etc. Quite interesting.

for Some reason I can’t browse to any of the wildstar webpages with Mozilla (With chrome it’s fine)

keep getting :

Secure Connection Failed

An error occurred during a connection to forums.wildstar-online.com. Cannot communicate securely with peer: no common encryption algorithm(s). (Error code: ssl_error_no_cypher_overlap)

The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified.
Please contact the website owners to inform them of this problem.
1 Like

It’s firefox making life difficult.

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1056524

People still use Mozilla?

I ditched it a while back. I don’t know if chrome is much better, but at least I don’t have to stuff around just to browse the web.