Dying Light

This is apparently what Dead Island was supposed to be. I saw the banners on Steam, but chose to ignore it, until I started watching some broadcasts of people playing. I told @Skeeb23 about it. He’s a pushover and quickly got a copy.

I got it yesterday (below retail from Kinguin).

The graphics are very very nice, and it’s quite fun so far. It has co-op facilities, much like dead island had, but hopefully it has been implemented better. I’ll try it out with Skeeb at some stage, bandwidth permitting.

Looks like a “last of us” remake? … and making it available on PC.

More of a dead island remake. Can’t comment on the last of us, haven’t played it.

Dying Light is an action survival game presented in first-person perspective. The game is set in a vast and dangerous open world. During the day, you roam an urban environment devastated by a mysterious epidemic, scavenging for supplies and crafting weapons to help you defeat the hordes of mindless, flesh-hungry enemies the plague has created. At night, the hunter becomes the prey as the infected grow in strength and aggression - but even more lethal are the nocturnal, inhuman predators that leave their hives to feed. You will need to make use of all your skills and any available means to survive till dawn.

It’s very much like Mirror’s Edge with zombies, although you can beat them to death with whatever makeshift weapons you pick up. I’ve yet to pick up a gun, although I can’t imagine that being a good idea, since noise attracts them - unless it has a silencer.

Night time is scary as hell. There are some missions that you need to do at night, but you can skip night time if you get to a safe zone and sleep.

It’s available for linux too.

If you want to see what it looks like, within Steam, go to Community->Broadcasts and look for a dying light stream.

1 Like

looks awesome, how is co-op?

I haven’t tried it yet. Want to level up a bit first.

Busy downloading the 11GB game, will join u when done

Cool! I’m not terribly far in the main story line (I don’t think). I’m busy doing side quests. Have a whole bunch of night quests to do, but I’m really chicken. :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ve been seriously contemplating this game, I need a gap filler until GTA & Project Cars come out. (Already purchased both)

It’s pretty good. If you want to avoid paying full retail, look on Kinguin.net.

So i picked up this game and played a bit solo then spent most of the night drop kicking the snot outta zombies in co op mode with TG. (Naas, is that you!?)

This game is good fun! solo or Co-op. It gets a recommendation from me.

What I like about this is that the co-op is actually worthwhile playing, unlike FC4. :disappointed:

The host determines what quests you will end up doing, so if you’re further along than the host, you will redo a lot of quests, although you won’t get the rewards, you will still gain the various types of XP. If a new player joins someone who’s further along, there will be spoilers. I gained about 3 or 4 skill points while helping Flea out with his quests. It was also funny watching him trying to solve puzzles that I had already died numerously figuring out. :smirk: It was also fun surviving the night. :raised_hands:

My PC keeps crashing so I’m battling to play …think it’s a HW issue …maybe time to upgrade

Dust bunnies perhaps? Maybe try open it up and vacuum it out. Check that the CPU and GFX fans are not clogged.

@ANiMOSiTY and @Gascan have just obtained it. :smiley:

Get as far as your first night, and you should be able to co-op then.

1 Like

I have also bought it. It is busy downloading.

2 Likes

We were 4 player co-oping last night. It’s a bit like herding cats. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

All the reviews so far say its a far cry - dead island hybrid that doesnt suck. Im keen to give it a looksee if its available on console. Sadly i still have no pc…and also havent been home for 5 weeks. :confused:

It’s only on next-gen consoles… xbone, ps4.

Sweet. Got a PS4. Will have to check it out.

Im quite enjoying DriveClub and tried my hand at the Shadow of Mordor, but I REALLY suck at combo moves games.