Elite: Dangerous

This is looking pretty awesome.

3 Likes

Elite: Dangerous, is the next instalment in the seminal series of games that started with Elite. Once again you are invited to head for the stars, take a ship and 100 credits to make money legally or illegally - trade, bounty-hunt, pirate, assassinate your way across the galaxy.

It’s an awe inspiring, beautiful, vast place; with 400 billion star systems, planets, moons and asteroid fields just waiting to be explored and exploited.

The triumvirate superpowers of the Empire, Federation and Independents dominate human space and constantly skirmish to outmanoeuvre one another on their frontiers. Outside their influence, in the vast majority of the galaxy, where human space is but a tiny dot, anarchy reigns supreme and spectacular discoveries await the bold.

It’s dog-eat-dog out there – you need to keep your friends close, and your enemies closer.

You can pre-order the Elite: Dangerous Mercenary Edition for £35. The game is available from 16 December 2014.

I’m considering it.

You can change currency. Current values are:

£35 = R604.994
E40 = R547.762
$50 = R547.407

Exact conversion rates depend on how much your bank is going to rip you.

gap filler until GTA V

This is probably going to be far more in-depth than star citizen is aiming to be.
I think I’ll order it. Typically, just as I discovered that you can change currency, the store went down for updates. :frowning:

I’m reading reddit, why they aren’t on steam. Seems like Steam has made some strange decisions which might change companies minds to not use them

[s]I haven’t looked at the subreddit yet.[/]

A little bit pricey :open_mouth: (this coming from someone who bought a R900 bf4 package :stuck_out_tongue: )

Okay, i’m getting it. this got me. It’s like star citizen only sooner.

Cost me R568.87 via paypal

Can I walk around the ship, planets and space stations?

Yes, you will be able to walk around the ship interiors, operate ships with multiple players, board and steal other ships with Zero-G FPS combat, walk around and do FPS combat in space stations, do space walks to repair your ship, operate land and underwater vehicles and walk on entire 1:1 scale populated planets with NPCs in living cities, forests and be able to big-game hunt wildlife, like chasing big dinosaurs around as part of expansions.

1 Like

Also cost me R568.87 ZAR via paypal (with store currency set to $)

Free paints for the time being:

https://store.elitedangerous.com/usd/game-extras/cobra-nest-paint-pack.html

1 Like

Touch Buddy crashes on win 8.1 & 10.

I’ll use TouchDown. I’ve got his profile above and i’ll add in some stuff for us. A nice little dev project before the game comes out.

Link?

I’ve played a bit of the combat tutorials. Very cool, at least I can fly and shoot things down.

I’ll send it via PM. (my own folder)

Thanks Flea, but I actually meant the web link for Touchdown. All I can find is touchdown by nitrodesk which seems to be some corporate control platform for smart devices. Don’t see how this relates to ED at all.

Found it: http://desratsworld.co.uk/TouchDown/

Yes, I use Touchdown on my phone for my work e-mail. I was wondering how it relates to Elite.

haha Yeah, two different apps with the same name :stuck_out_tongue:

FWIW @teejo That folder is always being changed by me. I want to add more controls in at a later stage.

When I get a roundtoit, I want to note down all possible controls, particularly those which I can’t easily map to my HOTAS and whip something up using thingy.

I’ve modified the CSS so that it fits on my tab’s 7 inch display

Elite: Dangerous Pilot’s Guide/Manual/Tutorial/Help

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=34437

1 Like

104.22mb PDF :smirk: