Shoutbox - 2014 Jan 27

Recommend me an adsl modem.

We were struck by lightning last nite and the only thing that appears to be damaged is the Ethernet connection on the modem. The WAN and the wireless seems to be fine.

Be that as it may, i will need a new modem.

I want to take the opportunity to extend the range on the wireless. Can anyone recommend an adsl modem that doesnt have all the bells and whistles, but it it does have a a long range wireless connection, high gain and all that.

Thanks

Avoid trendnet.

Dodge dlink if you want range.

have a look at the Asus Routers. just bought the N55U and am very happy with it. WiFi range is good and if you need to just buy a range extender.

dodge tp-link if you dont want to have to reboot it daily.

Eish! Thatā€™s mighty pricey. Iā€™ve given myself a budget of R1000. This netgear looks pretty good?

http://www.bonanzatech.co.za/index.php?controller=product&id_product=5065

Asus DSL-N12E

http://www.rebeltech.co.za/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=45_47&products_id=10809

1 Like

That looks perfect!

very nice! would have bought it myself but i really wanted the gigabit ports /1000 so I got the big brother

HAHAHAHAH So glad its not BF :slight_smile: I would be in jail all year

1 Like

Ja. Especially since dice games are so bugged. The jail would be the only place to play :wink:

Asus is my 1st choice, Uchi was happy with my recommendation

Jip I am. 2 little thingsā€¦ cant rename connections. and reboot takes 60sec. but beyond that really awesome

Nope! nope nope noooooope.
Seriously, anything but that router. I can give you one of the failed ones out the box in my storage room if you want?

??? explain you old fart !!!

Did the box of old failed ones not explain it properly?
I was referring to the netgear DGN2200.

ahhhh :slight_smile: no it didnā€™t but thanks for the clarification. thought you were on about the Asus

who is playing tonight?

Oh whew!

I already ordered the asus

hahhahaha close one :slight_smile: