CPU: IntelCore 2 Quad Q8400 2.66Ghz or AMDPhenom II X4 940 3.0Ghz
Memory: 6GB RAM
Video Card: 1024 VRAM DirectX 11 Shader 5.0
Sound Card: DirectX9
Hard Disk: 25 GB

Recommended:

CPU: Core i7 3770 @ 3.5Ghz or AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0Ghz
RAM: 8 GB
OS: Windows Vista (SP2), Windows 7 (SP1) or Windows 8 (64 bit only)
Video Card: GeForce GTX 560 Ti/ Radeon HD 7750

1 Like

Apparently this will be on Steam.

1 Like

I’m waiting for a steam version. Good news.

1 Like

Hold on… I have a very strong suspicion that this is just going to be a uplay title available via Steam. It’s not going to be Steam native.

i hate that uplay software

1 Like

Apparently uplay will only be used for activation.

This game is looking like a GTA & Saints row & APB:R mashup with lots of mini-games.

1 Like

CAD Shadowbane Saturday - Ctrl+Alt+Del Comic Ctrl+Alt+Del

3 Likes

Soooooo amped for this. Who’s planing on playing online?

I like the look of this. Don’t know if/when I will get it though… but you all know how easily my arms twist.

:smiley:

1 Like

Twisted yet?

http://www.takealot.com/gaming/watch-dogs-special-edition-break-through-pack-pc,29706427

Cheapest PC version I’ve found : http://www.kalahari.com/Games/Watch-Dogs-Special-Edition-D1_p_47485439 R499 free delivery. It’s even cheaper than BT games. (no surprise really)

BT Games lost my business when they didn’t bother responding to my queries regarding my BF3 pre-order.

The uplay store lies.

They have all these entries for various editions of Watch Dogs “starting at” x amount… and then you click on it, and the actual price is way above the “starting at” amount that they advertise.

The blatant false advertising pisses me off.

Actually - what it is, is that it is displaying the “starting at” price with the pounds symbol, but if you click on the pre-order button to view the entry, it suddenly shows you a much higher price in Euros. Wtf.

And then just cuz I’m in the mood for complaining, I go submit a support ticket explaining the issue, only to get an error message. ARGH!

1 Like

I’ve got the pre-order edition from Kalahari.com

Has the following bonuses:

DedSec Shadow single player pack:

Rewards : Dedsec outfit + hacking boost: add 1 battery slot

Club Justice single player pack:

Rewards: Chicago South Club skin + driving boost: more hit points to vehicles

Day One Incentive:

In Game Bonus: Single Player Mission Breakthrough Pack.

IMO people will buy this game on PC due to the lack of GTA 5. Ubisoft have played the timing right, they should move a few copies because we still have no solid confirmation of GTA 5 on PC.

Nvidia GTX 670 confirmed to run this game on ultra. For AMD cards, the equivalent would be: HD 7850, R9 270x

CPU required for Ultra, AMD FX 8350, Intel Core i7-2700K. PassMark Intel vs AMD CPU Benchmarks - High End

@RaR_XPyr0X 90% of the dev team runs on Nvidia Geforce 670, that will run Ultra if you have the CPU to match.

— Jonathan Morin (@Design_Cave) May 19, 2014

@RaR_XPyr0X As a ref: cpu above 9 000 -10 000 should run decently in Ultra with a 670 GPU (CPU scores taken from http://t.co/Vxk7eBZ6g2)

— Jonathan Morin (@Design_Cave) May 19, 2014

Why Watch Dogs is bad news for AMD users.

Excerpts:

Ubisoft’s Watch Dogs is the latest PC title to take advantage of Nvidia’s GameWorks, a robust collection of tools that allow game developers to produce a visual experience which epitomizes Nvidia’s rallying cry: “The Way It’s Meant To Be Played.”

As you’re suspecting from the headline, Nvidia’s GameWorks is only good news for Nvidia, their development partners, and their GPU users. That’s logical, and it serves a sizable slice of the market. According to AMD’s Robert Hallock, it’s terrible news for the PC gaming ecosystem on the whole.

“The code obfuscation makes it difficult to perform our own after-the-fact driver optimizations, as the characteristics of the game are hidden behind many layers of circuitous and non-obvious routines”

So essentially yet more stupid competition between hardware manufacturers has a detrimental effect on the entire community. I don’t think it will ever end.

Nvidia always do this. I hate them from this aspect.
If AMD was the development partner like Tomb Raider, they would’ve added effects that work better on AMD cards (obviously) but at the same time not cripple Nvidia users by also allowing them to run it.

Nvidia like to punish people who buy AMD cards. A-holes.