Watch Dogs

Oh well, it should run ok on my system, especially since I’m not running at 1080p.
Will find out later.

Well if you havn’t bought it yet. @Xavier found a brilliant link :smiley:

vir £29 betaal http://www.cdkeys.com/pc/games/watch-dogs-pc-cd-key-uplay

for only 29 pounds you get the special edition

(R542)

FWIW, AMD is releasing optimised drivers this week. (Guru 3D)

Edit: here she is:

http://www.guru3d.com/files_get/amd_catalyst_14_6_beta_download,1.html (303mb!!!)

1 Like

I shouldn’t have ordered from kalahari. :frowning: delivery date is the 30th. (just cancelled it too)

1 Like

Okay got another copy.

My impressions thus far:

Played the first scene. He walks around as if he’s got all day. Camera is over the character’s right shoulder, cannot adjust the zoom, so it feels horribly claustrophobic. As I walked out of the first door, the game crashed.

Meh.

Epic game.

The 14.6 Beta driver is out. It no longer supports Windows 8.0.

Guess I’m going to be reloading today.

Now that we both have the game how can I invade your game? (or go co-op)

A resource hungry monkey ?

I run at 1080p Ultra, getting around 75-70 fps then it drops when driving really fast to 46 fps.
still VERY playable. (AMD 14.6 Drivers) (4770k - R9 290)

I will let you know tomorrow , game is downloaded and installed , just waiting for me to be played :smiley:

Interesting game. They could really teach you a few important things right up in the beginning - like how to put your gun away. It’s not fun having somebody call the cops on you because you’re walking around in public, dressed suspiciously, holding a gun like an idiot. I had to consult the flipping key bindings to figure out that you could put the thing away. Camera controls SUCK! You cannot zoom out, it’s driving me nuts. Driving SUCKS! It’s so damned touchy. They’ve copied so much stuff from GTA games, you think they would have gotten the driving right. And they also seem to have copied the seriously annoying thing where the camera keeps centering while you’re driving. Fortunately it’s not toooo bad (like sleeping dogs was initially), but it’s enough to annoy me.

Its growing on you already. I’m loving it.

FYI they also dont show you in the tuts when you are riding a bike use the mouse wheel to lean back & forward.

Meh, minor annoyances… the game is definitely growing on me. I’m getting used to the way the cars handle.
I like the little hidden things you find around the place. Like the QR codes.

I’m hacking people left, right & centre for cash, just got two bounty upgrades. Players are going to come hunt me down :scream:

**Please do not follow the Watch Dogs Wikipedia page (Watch Dogs - Wikipedia) The table full of mistakes.

1 Like

If you’re having online issues, disable any extra network adapters you might have (like those installed by VM software).

The online component is a waste of time. The game keeps popping up these online “challenges”… press X to accept, and it sits for several minutes trying to matchmake your game. While this matchmaking process happens, you can run around and hack and what not, but you can’t access any mini games or other missions. FAIL. The matchmaking should be instant. Don’t prompt me that there’s an online thing happening when you still have to bloody match me up with someone.

You haven’t played online free roam yet?