Watch Dogs

Occasionally, if you walk forward and then press shift to run, the steam overlay briefly flickers in and out. Very annoying, so I have disabled the steam overlay. Seems a bit pointless, since the uplay one is enabled. Maybe I should disable that one too. Don’t see a real reason for it.

On a sad note, I have completed all the gang hideout side quests. I loved those. Also the ctOS center and tower locations are also all completed. I did all those first.

My favourite thing to do with the gang hideouts is to stand on the sidelines and take out as many enemies as I can via “natural” means. I love how I can stand just on the border of the area and they all ignore me, despite me having just wiped out a dude, and his corpse is lying at my feet. LOL. My favourite weapon is the Specops M911 pistol - silenced. I really wish there was a silenced sniper rifle though.

I don’t see the point in “buying” or even ordering vehicles. It’s so easy to just walk up to a parked vehicle and take it. I also randomly discovered you can sell items you’ve looted to a pawn shop, earning even more cash. Not sure what good the cash is, other than to buy crafting components, and even that’s unnecessary most of the time. I’m sitting at slightly more than half a mill already. The most expensive item I bought was the best sniper rifle for $45000 - and I made that money back very quickly.

Have to say , WD is lots of fun , I enjoy the side missions quite a lot, the online content that I have had was some other player tried to hack me , I was just doing my normal stuff and I got this warning where I was being hacked . had to stop him before he could upload a virus.

I started scanning around and found this guy … Tutti1488 running around and taking cover everywhere … shot him in the head hee hee hee … got like a bunch of points. then I did the same went on to hack someone

was nice fun but the other online content like TG said … a lot of waiting

I’ve blown most of my cash on super fast cars, when running from someone those sports cars come in real handy. You lose them very quickly, just hit the highway and blast!

I find it easier to get under the L-train tracks if there’s a chopper involved. They lose you pretty quickly, particularly if you manage to take out some of the chasing vehicles.

1 Like

3 Likes

I’ve had it twice now where I randomly take a reputation knock because “Homicide commited - potential criminal killed while no crime commited” - something along those lines. Meanwhile, I’m actually just driving around.

There’s some minor things about this game that drive me nuts, but I guess you can’t please everybody.

Probably the MOST annoying:

• If you’re in a vehicle and trying to hack someone - as soon as a news item randomly starts playing, you lose your ability to hack. You have to get out of the vehicle (which stops the news item playing) to hack the person if you don’t want to wait for the news item to finish playing. This doesn’t make any sense to me. I guess the reason for it is that some of the people you hack play audio recordings… however I never bother with those. I only hack marked people (skill point unlock) which are either system keys or high value bank accounts.

Not so annoying, but I have no choice but to live with it:

• There doesn’t seem to be any way to disable the annoying popups about ‘Crime detected’, or the ‘online’ popups.

• Also, certain map markers (investigations in particular) seem to disappear from time to time. I’ve had a hell of a time completing the ‘burner phones’ investigation, amongst others. Seems to be a bug; people are complaining about it on the ubi forums.

Actually, looking at the forums and the amount of problems people are having, I should count myself lucky.

For what it’s worth, there’s a massive multiplayer bug - if you get killed in multiplayer, there’s a very strong chance that you will lose all your weapons and hideouts, your only recourse being to start a new game.

Not to mention all the people using game hacks, etc.

I disabled the online invasion component a while back because I was getting annoyed with being unable to start missions because some tosser was busy hacking you.

It seems that the game re-enables it again whenever you launch it. I stepped afk to make myself a cup of coffee just now, came back to see that I had been invaded. :angry:

I stick the firewall on, then Adian just keeps saying “my connection to the grid must be down”

Stumbled across this: After hours testing... Watch Dogs (E3 Bloom effect working) | guru3D Forums

I’m going to give it a go. Those screenshots look amazing. Shows you what this game can really do.

*Included in this mod(not all features are available yet):
-Changes to the default fog values
-Enabled bokeh DOF for the main cameras
-Stuttering Improvements
-E3 2012 Bloom
-Performance Improvements
-Enabled Headlight Shadows
-LoD Changes
-Reflection changes
-Added 3 new cameras to the game(closer, normal, further)
-Rain changes(High quality rain drops, properly reacting to light, etc)
-LensFlares(WIP)
-Lighting changes(TESTING AND WIP)
-Civilians density changes
And many more things… SOON.
This is the latest release of the Mod (0.7)
UPDATE: DOF for normal camera now working properly. Link for mediafire added. Link for MEGA reuploaded with the fix.

(go to the forum for download links)

Installation:

Open one of the folders and put the files inside your data_win64 folder (/yourinstallationpath/Watch Dogs/data_win64)

In order to use my ultra preset you must go to your gamerprofile.xml located in (/documents/My Games/Watch_Dogs/YOUR_PROFILE/gamerprofile.xml)

In render profile find the words quality="_runtime" and change it to “ultra” save the file and close

Keep in mind if you change the graphical settings from inside the game, the gamerprofile.xml will be set to default again.

^ MASSIVE difference!! increased FPS + visual quality. YOU MUST TRY THIS MOD.

This is mine:

and then

Just Aiden and a fat chick, standing in the middle of the street, staring at their phones. While a car burns gently in the background.

Go to online public session, turn on adversarial mode in the online options - and one big online city deathmatch! Killed a few players this morning.

Did you check if the invite friend option was available?

Yip, it’s available. (even on the online racing)

1 Like

it’s fake

2 Likes