Elite: Dangerous

You can just fly on the side of the green lights. :wink:

I sometimes struggled to find the side with the entrance, but I shall check for the green lights. Maybe I did not notice them before.

Watch out for Cuddles Mcfly!

Also came across a funeral:

I bought a docking computer to see it is any use. Promptly sold it again after it left my ship hovering outside the slot for about a minute. It does play the same docking music as in the original Elite, which is cool. But it does not fulfill my hopes of being able to click dock and then go fetch a drink while it does all the flying for me.

By the way, if you want some action, Nav beacons seems a better prospect for me, instead of unidentified signals.

FWIW the in game comms (messaging & voice) only works when both parties are in the same system.

Always K scan ships, even if the small info panel states clean.
(see screenshot for bounty info)

If you really want to do some good bounty hunting you should try an extraction site. I’m in LTT 18486 at one of them you encounter a large amount of ships. More than those nav beacons. The wanted/pirates pick on all the mining ships.

Thanks, I shall head there.

I upgraded by Viper to a Cobra, but after I got stuck twice in the frame outside the station slot, I traded back to my Viper. I like its handling much more and at this stage the only thing that scares me is higher rating Anaconda’s. Sidewinders and Eagles I have to have at least 50% K-scanned before I open fire, otherwise they often blow up before the scan is complete, even when they are fully shielded. Pythons and Orcas however still take a while to kill. And Anacondas take a long time, they soak up a lot of damage.

Thanks for the very good tip.

Especially the resource site close to the second station in LTT 18486 works very well for me. Nicest part about the resource site is that the victims are often mass locked, so they cannot jump away when their health gets low. And the stations are very close for a quick refuel and re-arm and to hand in some bounties.

1 Like

Whooo hooo! all the hard work has paid off!

Note to self. Do not look at the other screens while flying full speed in an asteroid field. I just converted my ship into a pizza. My first death in a while. Fortunately I did not loose many bounties, but had to fork out ~80K for insurance.

1 Like

Congrats on the nice ship flea. :slight_smile:

Since i’ve bought this ship, the game has ramped itself up in difficulty quite drastically! :frowning:

Your ship is not as agile, so if you are not using gimbal based weapons, you are going to struggle to hit anything. At least, that is my experience.

I’ve upgraded it now and it handles far better :smile:

The guys i was fighting were elite and dangerous levels! :open_mouth:

Glad to hear things are going better.

Yes, especially elites can really hurt sometimes.

I have my Viper now pretty much maxed out, with a class A power plant and most other modules class A or B. I cannot make them all A, because that will exceed the power supply of the power plant. Also, have the best multi-cannons I can find and some cash in the bank. The multi’s do chow ammo, but they never overheat and do not draw too much power, so as far as I can see they offer the fastest kill rates. I did run with some beamers for a while, but the heat and power management slow them down a bit in terms of kill rate, even if their “ammo” is free.

I have now flown about 10 systems in the direction of earth (fuel scoop for the win) (about two thirds of the way there), however, given it seems that one needs a permit to visit earth, not sure if it is worth going all the way there.

Any ideas what one is supposed to do in the game now?

http://hosting.zaonce.net/elite/website/assets/ELITE-DANGEROUS-GAME-MANUAL.pdf

Check out the section: Things to do

I have more money than I need, so only things remaining is exploring, aka flying to random systems; and farming faction points by being an errand boy, so that I can get permits to visit some extra systems. I think I am moving on to another game until something more happens here.

It was great fun. I really enjoyed the game, but suspect I OD’ed a bit. I still have some pins and needles in my thumb and index finger from all the mashing of fire buttons on the joystick over the past week.

3 Likes

Just shot down an imperial clipper, what a nice ship! where do i get one of those?!

edit: Imperial Clipper | Elite Dangerous Wiki | Fandom