Star Citizen

Cute gimmick, but I wish they would rather work on getting the game finished.

2 Likes

It seems like as soon as they achieve some milestones, they listen to the public then make changes. IMHO they should just finish it then add all the extra touches the public want later, itā€™s just adding to the development time. Look at the Vulkan fiasco, they built everything around DX12 now they need to port everything across to vulkan, as well as the engine, built everything on Cry engine, then spent last year porting all of it over to Lumberyard ā€¦

Is Vulkan the API they are settling for and will Lumberyard be the final game engine? (before the community cries out again?)

Lets no go into the numerous missed deadlines, are they just setting the targets too high? (Single player was meant to be out last year December)

It will probably be a 7 year project. (2017 marks the projectā€™s 5th year)

1 Like

To be fair, lumberyard is just a fork of Cryengine, so shouldnā€™t have been too hard to port over.

Agreed, but it did take the better part of a year.

So i didnā€™t know but Voice Attack has been on steam since mid 2017.
These are 2 voice packs i saw the other day, and itā€™s very clever.
Apparently a profile gives you access to both Elite Dangerous and SC.

Trekkie fans

A sweet and short no BS pack

1 Like

But what if my ship is Afrikaans? (I call it the box) :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

So i opened a twitch account a while ago but watched my first live show yesterday. CitizenCON. Was pretty cool as it was fixed around UK time :sunny:

CitizenCon Summary 9min

CitizenCon Full edit video 37min

Found this intresting: http://www.barcitizen.sc/

Some Joystick Info:
Until now i owned a Logitech Extreme 3D Pro the defacto budget stick and because of budget and lack of options I never bought another. I now however own the Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS HOTAS Some setup hiccups for old legacy games but after grinding my head one Saturday, now know itā€™s not rocket science. What is a bit disappointing is the lack of community profiles for existing games on Thrustmasterā€™s site. Except for that Iā€™m loving it, just getting the fine motor-skills now but can feel the improvement, just like playing guitar :slight_smile: Iā€™m busy hacking away in X3 Reunion and never have to lift my hands, it is awesome . Target Script X3 Reunion

And some pointless injin fanboy story:
After watching the below you can see the first 2 years was basically major settling issues and they almost scrapped everything and that development wise theyā€™re only on year 3 now, so Fleaā€™s 7year estimation is probably spot on.

So went away for work to Kimberley, had an awesome guesthouse experience with probably the best wifi iā€™ve ever had. I also love the fact that youtube now finally has the speed multipliers native on android and appleā€™s.

I thought it was time to catch up on my SC stuff so i binge watched 2 playlists: Happy Hour (basically Chris Roberts as a game developer from age 12 up to 2012 mixed with interviews with Game Devs) and Citizens of the Stars (A mini show around the community and content they create) Thoroughly enjoyed it at 1.5x

1 Like

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/16269-Anniversary-Special-Week-2017

3.0 has reached test wave PTU wave 2 and after this sale apparently prices are going up.
On this sale if you look for it most ships come with 60months insurance especially start game packages.

8 ATV from this sale focused on ships manufacturers

3.0 PTU In Game Tipe Lapse

1 Like

Updated Star Citizen Post for DX12, shows you how far ahead of itā€™s time the R9 290 was (2013 card) Now the 1070TI card has only a bit more draw calls. (17.3 million vs 18.3 million) Pretty damn impressive.

1 Like

3.0 hit PU for all. Currently still extremely buggy.
https://install.robertsspaceindustries.com/star-citizen/RSI-Setup-1.0.0.exe
I noticed everytime I have had crap so far, or after any patch, just delete USER folder and try again.
Ps. In game console ~ use r_Displayinfo 3

At least after this damn 40GB download we will hit delta patches :fleur_de_lis:
*100MB Launcher
*11.89GB Base pack
*+/- 29GB Game Files

Above is from CR on 3.0 performance, short and worth a read.

Single player game Summary

Ooh gonna give this a shot
Presets:
https://www.roccat.org/en-ZA/Products/Gaming-Software/Power-Grid/Store/Grids/

Oh well, Joyride it is then. (Then sold off for scrap)

The delta patcher works like a dream. They dropped a small fix 3.0.1

As a side note, itā€™s still not enjoyable to play but hopefully after Q1 update it will change. ATM i donā€™t even bother for sessions longer than 10min unless the servers are empty and when they get players i just drop out.

Quarter 1 Update is out. Sadly bind culling has been moved to Q3

:bug:

This almost doubled my fps combined with r_enable_full_gpu_sync = 0 and r_DisplayInfo = 3 to see whats happening.

Insureants :dizzy_face:

Oh and beware the thought police is strong with this one. Some standard rules + some funny extras

edit: So I have sympathy for the flack these okes must take on spectrum and social media having such an open development methodology. As Chris sums it up, the internet has become The Tale of Two Cities

1 Like

Iā€™m so hyped for the single player game (26m43)

SC has reached feature creep v3.3 PTU now live to all if you wanna take a walk or a test flight in those awesome new ships

Also this was to funny

Ooh andā€¦

1 Like

Just another update. 3.3 dropped to Live, another 10GB (45GB data file after update)
OCS and bind culling has started coming online.
Framerates for me went from 20-30fps to 60-80fps overall.
Even Levski the worst part in Alpha is now in upper 30\40fps.

Rememver to add SC as a custom profile in Nvidia\AMD driver apps.
and a custom user.cfg in LIVE folder with the following:

Con_Restricted = 0
r_displayinfo = 3
r_MotionBlur = 0
r_VSync = 0

e_GsmCache = 1
r_AntialiasingMode = 0
r_TexturesStreamPoolSize = 512
e_ShadowsPoolSize = 256
e_ShadowsMaxTexRes = 128
e_ShadowsReScale = 0.1

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/telemetry
Telemetry data on performance from current rigs used by players on Live build

1 Like

Maybe youā€™ll get to try it for a day due to download size :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3.3.5 is now Live.